Now hiring part time or full time positions.
Three Happy Hounds is a Pet Nutrition and Wellness Center. We are an independently owned small business and Fernley’s only dog and cat specialty store.
We specialize in helping pet parents keep their dogs and cats healthy through nutrition, so they live a long, happy, healthy life.
We are a trusted source of information when it comes to our customers pet’s health and their nutritional needs. Our customers trust us with their pet’s health, and we value and take that responsibility very seriously!
We LOVE pet nutrition and have a strong desire to continue learning while keeping up with current research that will have a positive impact in the health and well being of our customers pets.
We excel at giving exceptional customer service to each customer at every interaction. This includes greeting our customers with a smile and taking a genuine and caring interest in their pets by asking questions that will help us give the appropriate advice, solution, or product recommendation they’re seeking or needing.
We are building a community of pet lovers who are passionate about giving their pets the very best life possible by providing the information and tools they need which include, quality & individualized nutrition advice, and recommendations of products that positively impact each pet’s life.
- Love animals and want to help them live a long, healthy life through nutrition.
- Have a strong desire to learn about pet health & nutrition, not only with the provided in house training, but also seek to learn about it outside of work.
- Are excited about sharing your knowledge of pet health & nutrition with each of our customers and their pets.
- Love giving people and their pets a friendly and warm shopping experience.
- Are outgoing, detailed oriented, and communicate well.
- Ambitious, a self-starter and love being creative.
- Want to be a part of company who cares about our community and their pets.
- Are excited about the idea of getting to love on dogs every day!
- A fun, caring, professional work environment.
- Ongoing nutritional and product training.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wages with bonus opportunities.
- Earned paid time off (full time only)
- Employee discount, plus other company perks.
- Additional incentives and pay increase opportunities
Experience & Skills needed:
- 6-12 months minimum in retail, customer service, or pet-related work preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old with high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have proficient computer and tech knowledge, including Word, Excel, I-Phone, Apps, and email platforms like Gmail.
- Social Media knowledge.
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Have reliable transportation and available for local deliveries after store hours.
- Owning or being the primary caregiver for at least one dog or cat.
- No professional pet nutrition experience needed, but you must have a strong desire to learn all about it!
We are seeking a full time (4-6 days, 30 + hours/week) and a part time (3-4 days, 20-30 hours/week) employee to add to our team. All employees are required to work at least one weekend day, be available for extra events, extended holiday hours and willing to be flexible with schedule changes as needed.
You will need to submit your resume and a cover letter that includes information about your own pets as well as relevant experience. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter.*While we appreciate all interested applicants, only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted by email for a preliminary phone interview.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A PERFECT JOB? CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR TEAM!